Mosselberg on Grotto Beach Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Mosselberg on Grotto Beach.
The five-star Mosselberg on Grotto Beach Luxury Guest House is set surrounded by spectacular views of the majestic Mosselberg mountains and the Blue Flag Grotto Beach in Hermanus in South Africa's Western Province. Hermanus is famous for its whale watching from June to November where one can see the Southern Right whales from the shore. It is claimed to be the best land-based whale watching spot worldwide. This exclusive accommodation features a heated swimming pool and a spacious deck on the seaside.
The honeymoon suite of this charming country retreat offers magnificent views of the bay. Each guest room features a private entrance, a sea-facing balcony and an option of a king-size or 2 single beds. The rooms have been tastefully decorated and furnished with a bar fridge, coffee kitchenette, safe, T.V., underfloor heating, fans, and full en-suite bathrooms with twin basins and heated towel rails. Children are welcome, and sleeper couches are available in the bedrooms.
The rooms are individually decorated and named after different aspects of the area:
- Southern Right = Honeymoon Suite: the Southern Right Whale for which Hermanus has become known for
- Sugar Bird = Luxury Suite: the Cape Sugarbird with its long orange and yellowtail
- Fynbos = Luxury Suite: the Fynbos flora in the garden and surrounding areas
- Pinotage = Luxury Suite: the typical South African Pinotage grape, a cultivar originating from the Hermitage and Pinot Noir grapes
- Olives = Luxury Suite: Olives that are cultivated in the Hemel and Aarde Valley.
The bedrooms are luxuriously appointed with the following amenities:
- King size Beds
- Single Beds (if requested)
- Mountain View
- Sea view/Slightly restricted view
- Bar fridge
- Coffee/tea kitchenette
- Heated towel rails
- Underfloor heating
- Telephone/Internet connection
- Own entrance
A deluxe continental and English breakfast are served on the deck or the veranda around the swimming pool. The menu is made from fresh, local produce and not to be missed. The venue has a full liquor license and with an honesty bar in each room, as well as one in the lounge. Ice is supplied every evening, but available on request at any other time. There is also the good selection of Walker Bay Wines available which are worth trying for visitors to the area to appreciate the flavour of the region.
Facilities and Services
- A Lounge area with a Courtesy Bar
- A swimming pool
- Conferencing facilities which can accommodate up to 100 delegates
- An in-room mini bar
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Free Wireless Internet
- Games Room
- Safe off-street parking,
- Baby cots,
- Beach towels and umbrellas.
- Mountain bike trails
- Walks and scenic hikes on the beach
- Fernkloof Nature Reserve
- Hermanus Golf course
- Arabella Golf Estate
- the Southern Right Whale can be observed in Walkers Bay, Hermanus, from August to November
- the Cape Sugarbird with its long orange and yellow tail is an attraction for the enthusiastic bird watcher
- the uniqueness of the Fynbos flora in the garden and surrounding areas
- the typical South African Pinotage grape, a cultivar originating from the Hermitage and Pinot Noir grapes, several well-known wine estates can be visited
- Olives that are cultivated in the Hemel and Aarde Valley.
There are numerous wine estates nearby as well as the magnificent Fernkloof Nature Reserve, whale watching, shark diving, horseback riding, golf, cycling, gym and scuba diving are also available to guests.
Below detailed information about the Mosselberg on Grotto Beach is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Bar Fridges in Room
- Beverage Maker in Room
- Ceiling Fan
- Ensuite / Private bathroom
- Heated towel rails
- Internet Access
- Mini bar
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Underfloor Heating
Dining at Mosselberg
Nearby golf courses
- Arabella golf course: 24 kilometers
- Hermanus golf course: 4 kilometers
Guests are welcome to relax in the heated swimming pool or on the deck overlooking Walker Bay.
Guests staying at the five star Mosselberg on Grotto Beach Hotel have the unique opportunity to watch the whales from their bedroom or the lounge. Whales are mostly seen in the magnificent Walker Bay from August to November each year.
Guests are welcome to enjoy a fun billiard / pool game in the lounge area of the Mosselberg on Grotto Luxury Hotel in Hermanus.
- The Southern Right Whale for which Hermanus has became known for
- The Cape Sugarbird with its long orange and yellow tail
- The Fynbos flora in the garden and surrounding areas
- The typical South African Pinotage grape, a cultivar originating from the Hermitage and Pinot Noir grapes
- Olives that are cultivated in the Hemel and Aarde Valley
The conference facilities at the Mosselberg on Grotto Beach Hotel can accommodate up to 70 business delegates.
- Conference venue
- Day-use facilities for early arrivals and late departures
- Games Room
- Nearby golf course
- Nearby Gym
- Outdoor patio
- Pool table
- Private guest library/ lounge
- Sun deck
- Swimming Pool
- Wine cellar
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:00
- Internet access in rooms
- Butler service
- Complimentary Wi-Fi connectivity in all rooms and public areas
- Concierge services
- Daily local and international newspapers
- Doctor on call
- Housekeeping service
- Internet connection
- Kid's entertainment
- Laundry services
- Luggage storage
- Massage treatments
- Tours & Transfers on Request
- Wake-up call
Children of all ages are welcome to the five star Mosselberg on Grotto Beach. Parents are kindly asked to please at all times exercise consideration for the other guests who are at the retreat for peace and quiet.
Unsupervised children are not allowed in the swimming pool or near the swimming pool - the hotel does not accept any responsibility for them- at the breakfast buffet, or in the kitchen.
Pinotage De Luxe Room
Olive De Luxe Room
Fynbos Executive Suite
Sugarbird Junior Suite
Southern Right Suite
Mosselberg on Grotto Beach Specials
There are currently no specials for the Mosselberg on Grotto Beach.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
The Mosselberg on Grotto Beach Luxury Guest House in Hermanus, South Africa, provides safe off-street parking.