Massinga Beach Lodge Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Massinga Beach Lodge.
The beautiful Massinga Beach Lodge in Mozambique is a popular beach getaway destination for; honeymooners and romantic couples but also caters for families, discerning divers and enthusiastic fishermen. The Lodge nestles far from the madding crowd, 89km up the coast from the Inhambane Airport in Mozambique, and guests can enjoy breathtaking views overlooking a stretch of endless beach. It is the perfect holiday destination for couples and families, with a stunning setting and great facilities.
The more energetic guests can hike through the sprawling palm groves, take the quad bikes on a trail, enjoy the thrill of fishing or diving nearby, get involved in the local community school project and enjoy the many photographic opportunities which abound in this tropical paradise.
Spacious en-suite rooms with an180-degree sea view, front deck, private splash pool, sun loungers; extra length king size bed, luxury linen, wraparound mosquito net curtain, bathrobe, slippers, room safe, hairdryer, torch, stocked mini-bar, tea & plunger coffee, fan & air conditioning. Bathroom with direct access to deck has a freestanding bath, rain shower, separate toilet and luxury guest amenities.
Guests may enjoy delicious cuisine. Fresh coconut cocktails and local seafood are prepared and served with a friendly Mozambican flair.
- Board games, table tennis, darts, pool table, DSTV, DVD selection
- Beach games and walks
- Body massage and relaxation therapy in the privacy of the bedroom deck
- Stargazing – telescope is provided on the Leisure Center deck
- Quad bikes off-site through 100 ha estate
- Day tours to the historic city of Inhambane
- Swimming in the warm Indian Ocean (unprotected but shallow and little backwash)
- Surfing (bring your own surfboard)
- Snorkelling (Duration 1 – 1 ½ hour): includes snorkelling kit, drinking water, cashew nuts and coconut
- Sea Safari (Duration 2 ½ to 3 hours): offered all year round. The boat is a super duck - easy to get on and off. Possible sightings include whales, whale sharks, dolphins and manta rays, depending on the season. After the safari, a stop-off with a snorkel with a guide is offered.
- PADI registered Scuba diving
- Power supplied daily by the generator from 06h00 to 22h00
- Standard South African power points: 3-prong round plugs
- Special occasion beach picnics and in-room dining
- Rooms fully serviced, including evening turn down
- No credit card facilities the Hotel. Mozambican Meticais, SA Rand and US Dollars are accepted.
- No cell phone signal at the Lodge, but contact is possible through the Administration office located nearby.
Below detailed information about the Massinga Beach Lodge is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Air Conditioning
- Ensuite / Private bathroom
- Mini bar
- Mosquito net
- Private plunge pool
- Satellite TV
- Standing Fan
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Viewing Deck
The Restaurant a serves delicious seafood and traditional local cuisine.
Body massages and relaxation therapy are available in the privacy of the bedroom deck.
Guests may enjoy swimming in the pool on the private deck at the Ocean Front Deluxe Rooms or in the warm Indian Ocean.
Guests are welcome to bring their own surf board and surf the surrounding Ocean.
Fishing at the Massinga Beach Lodge is available all year round by trawling artificial lures drift bait, jigging, live bait and drop shot. Deep sea fishing if offered on a Benguerra 530 with centre consol Cat, two 85 hp Yamaha motors and suitable for 4 fishermen, skipper and crew are provided for this fantastic adventure.
- Big king fish (Giant, Big eye, Blue fin, Dusky, Tropical, Yellow fin and three spot)
- Job fish
- King Mackerel
- Tuna (Bonito, Yellow fin)
- Dorado (Dolphin fish)
- needle scale queen fish
- Natal Snoek
Main fishing seasons:
- Wahoo - end of winter
- King Mackerel - winter
- Tuna - summer
- Dorado - end of winter
- Natal snoek - winter
- King fish - summer
- Marlin - summer
- Sailfish - end of summer
Diving (Courses / Sites)
Dive Master (2 weeks): Class room and pool sessions will vary from diver to diver. 60 dives are needed for qualify.
Bubble maker (8-10yr old): Very easy and gives the folks a break. Familiarisation in the swimming pool with full scuba equipment.
Discover Scuba (10yr old plus): Can be done in a single morning or afternoon and includes 1 class room session (knowledge review) to go over the important bits and pieces of diving, 1 pool session (confined water) for basic skills and then 1 dive. Great for people who aren't sure if the'll enjoy diving or for people who don't have time for a full course. Everything covered on the D.S.D counts towards an open water course and is valid for 1 year. It is not a certified course but divers can go to a maximum depth of 12m and must dive with an instructor.
Scuba Diver (2 days): Including 3 class room sessions, 3 swimming pool sessions and 2 dives. It is a certification, but has a 12m depth limit and must dive with an instructor.
Open Water (4 days): Including 5 class room sessions, 5 swimming pool and 4 dives. After certification divers can dive to 18m and can dive with any other certified diver.
Advanced Diver (2-3 days): Study the manual and answer questions. There are 2 mandatory dives. Deep (dive to 30m) and navigation (use of a compass) then the diver can choose what they would like to do for the next 3 dives e.g. wreck, fish id, drift, photo etc. to a max depth 30m.
Diving Sites near the Lodge, Moaiquei MMMM
- Sylvia Shoal
- New York City
- Pilgores Arch
- Sherwood North and South
- New Years Reef
- Aladdin South
- Cameron Rock
- Cameron Reef.
- Turtle Cove
- Nigels Aquarium
- Ray Alley
- Rainbow Reef
- Anemone City
- Aladdin Central
- Tokyo Drift
Other leisure activities
- Board games
- Table tennis
- Pool table
- DVD selection
- Quad biking
- Sea Safari
- Beach club
- DVD Library
- Games Room
- Hotel Bar
- Pool table
- Sea Views
- Sun deck
- Swimming Pool
- Table tennis
- Viewing deck
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:00
- 24 - hour reception service
- Housekeeping service
- Massage treatments
- Secure parking
- Tours & Transfers on Request
Ocean Front Deluxe Room
- # Rooms:
Each spacious room opens out onto a furnished private deck featuring a splash pool and provides a magnificent 180 degree sea view.
Ocean Front Deluxe room amenities:
- Private splash pool
- Sun loungers
- Outsize king bed
- Dreamy mosquito net curtain
- Sumptuous bed linen
- Stocked mini bar
- Tea/coffee facilities
- Laptop safe
- Pedestal fan
- Fluffy bath sheets
- Luxurious guest amenities
- Free-standing bath tub
- En-suite rain shower which opens out onto the deck
Ocean View Chalet
- # Rooms:
Each spacious Ocean View Junior Suite opens out onto a furnished private deck and has 180 degree sea view. The Ocean View Junior Suites are ideal for families with two adult sleeper couches in the lounge and a separate bathroom. There is even capacity for a third extra bed for a child.
Ocean View Junior suite amenities:
- sun loungers
- outsize king bed
- dreamy mosquito net curtain
- sumptuous bed linen
- stocked mini bar
- tea/coffee facilities
- laptop safe
- pedestal fan
- fluffy bath sheets
- luxurious guest amenities
- free-standing bath tub
- rain shower
- separate shower/toilet
Massinga Beach Lodge Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
Enjoy a 5 night stay at the Massinga Beach Lodge in a Ocean Front Deluxe Room between 9 January - 31 Jnauary 2018 and 1 March - 16 December 2018, and only pay for 4 nights. Rates starting from US $ 600.00 per double room per night for a Ocean Front Deluxe Room.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Afternoon tea / coffee and cake
Included in the rate:
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Afternoon tea / coffee and cake
- Government Tax (IVA) 17%
- Rates include following activities:
- Snorkeling at “Fingers” Rock formation
- Rock and Surf Fishing
- Swimming in the warm Indian Ocean
- Beach games & walks, Kayak, Surf Boards, Boogie Board and Snorkeling Equipment
- Board Games, Cards, Books, Table Tennis, darts, pool table and DVD’s
- Beach bicycle riding
- Coconut cutting demonstrations
Value add: Complimentary afternoon tea/coffee - Cake Excludes speciality coffees
Excluded from the rate:
- Travel to Inhambane or Vilanculos Airport transfer, Visas and Travel Insurance, beverages, laundry and other items of a personal nature
- Rates exclude following activities:
- Motorized Leisure activities
- Activities not specified as complimentary
Terms and Conditions:
- Valid 9 January - 31 January 2018/19 and 1 March - 16 December 2018/19
- Only valid for a 5 night stay or longer
- Only valid for the Ocean Front Deluxe Rooms
- Subject to availability
- Pay Stay Special cannot be doubled ie. 1 night free only for any length of stay.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
1.) Self Drive
7 - 8 hours driving time from Maputo, Mozambique
Tar road suitable for sedan on EN1 north to Massinga
Last 14kms 4x4 only; secure parking is available
LAM Mozambique Airlines www.lam.co.mz
Daily flights from OR Tambo (Johannesburg) to Inhambane
Airport transfer at additional charge and by prior arrangement
Air-conditioned 4x4 with refreshments / 2 hours
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.