Maropeng Hotel Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Maropeng Hotel.
The Maropeng Hotel is located equidistant from Johannesburg and Pretoria, making it an ideal location for business getaways, while also catering to leisure guests wanting to explore the fascinating history and attractions of the area. Enjoying splendid views of nearby mountain ranges, this 4-star hotel is tastefully decorated and offers accommodation and facilities that lend themselves to ensuring a relaxing and rewarding stay. The décor of the hotel is inspired by the four elements of life, earth, the wind, water and fire in homage to the area's significance in human history.
This ideal getaway hotel features 24 hotel rooms, which can accommodate 48 guests in comfort. The rooms feature modern conveniences and provide travelers with a welcoming place to relax and a place where they can begin exploring the scenic surroundings.
Hotel room features:
- Air conditioning
- En-suite bathroom
- In-room safe
- Satellite TV
- Hair dryer
- Internet access
- Standing fan
- Tea/coffee station
Travellers choosing this hotel as their accommodation choice during their stay in the Magaliesberg have access to the hotel's exclusive facilities, which include the outdoor swimming pool and sundeck, where relaxing afternoons in the warm sunshine can be enjoyed.
Leisure and Business facilities:
- Restaurant and bar
- Swimming pool with sundeck
- Conference venue
- 24-hour reception
- Airport transfers
- Concierge services
- Laundry service
- Luggage storage
- Wake up calls
This hotel is a convenient conference option for those based in both Johannesburg and Pretoria, which are only an hour's drive away. The hotel boasts world-class facilities in conjunction with the Maropeng Visitor Center, and these are equipped with state-of-the-art conferencing equipment and may accommodate up to 500 delegates.
There is a dedicated Events Team who will help to ensure that the conference runs smoothly and all additional requirements are catered for. There are numerous fascinating activities and attractions in close proximity to the hotel and team-building programs can also be arranged.
Below detailed information about the Maropeng Hotel is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Air Conditioning
- Bar Fridges in Room
- En-suite / private bathroom
- In room safe
- Internet Access
- Mini bar
- Standing Fan
- Tea and coffee making facilities
This Restaurant allows guests to sit back and relax whilst enjoying lunch and cocktails with a view of the sunset. The Restaurant is open seven days a week and offers a fantastic carvery lunch on Sundays perfect for all guests.
Market Place Restaurant
This Restaurant is located within the Market Place and offers a variety of delicious, light meals for visitors.
The Hotel features an outdoor swimming pool with a sundeck.
Maropeng Visitor Centre
This Conference Center is located around an hour’s drive from the main City making the location perfect for an business meetings and team building events.
Different types of room set-ups are available including:
- U-shape seating 36 delegates
- School-room style seating 96 delegates
- Theater style for groups of up to 120 delegates
- Banquet style for 100 delegates.
Standard conference equipment provided includes:
- LCD data projector
- Television monitors
- Fixed audio equipment
- Overhead projector
- Slide projector
- Laser pointer
- Flip charts
- White boards
Executive Conference Packages
- Half-day Conference Package
- Full-day Conference Package
- 24 hours at Maropeng
- 24 hours at Maropeng including a Maropeng tour
- 36 hours at Maropeng
- Combined tour package
- Sundowners package
- Stargazing package
- Sundowners and tour package
Nearby attractions & attractions
- Sterkfontein Caves
- Sediba fossils
This hotel is a convenient conference option for those based in both Johannesburg and Pretoria, which are only an hour's drive away. The hotel boasts world-class facilities in conjunction with the Maropeng Visitor Center, and these are equipped with state-of-the-art conferencing equipment and may accommodate up to 500 delegates. There is a dedicated Events Team who will help to ensure that the conference runs smoothly and all additional requirements are catered for. There are numerous fascinating activities and attractions in close proximity to the hotel and team-building programs can also be arranged.
- Conference venue
- Sun deck
- Swimming Pool
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:00
- Internet access in rooms
- 24 - hour reception service
- Airport transfers
- Concierge services
- Housekeeping service
- Internet connection
- Laundry services
- Luggage storage
- Wake-up call
- # Rooms:
The hotel can accommodate up to 48 people.
- 10 King Rooms
- 13 Twin Rooms
- 1 Paraplegic room
Maropeng Hotel Specials
There are currently no specials for the Maropeng Hotel.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
The Maropeng Hotel provides on site secure parking facilities to its guests:
- additional charge
- very spacious parking lot
- many parking spaces: 680
- on site
- Maropeng Managing Director, Tony Rubin, holds the “Best Tourist Attraction” award, received at the 2008 South African Tourism Welcome Awards
- Maropeng Ramalepa, Maropeng tourist guide won the overall certificate and trophy in the tourist guide category for the second year running, Kelebogile Mangole and Irene Maphosa won Bronze certificates at the 2010 West Rand Tourism Awards
- Maropeng Visitor Centre won a silver certificate in the tourism experience category, and the Maropeng Boutique Hotel was the overall winner in the accommodation category at the 2010 West Rand Tourism Awards
- Reuben Tsime Maropeng tourist guide supervisor won second place in the tour guide category at the 2010 national tourism Welcome Awards
- Maropeng Hotel – established hotel/lodge accommodation – winner in the 4-star category in the West Rand Tourism Awards, September 2009
- Maropeng Conference Centre – Mese category – finalist in the West Rand Tourism Awards, September 2009
- Maropeng Visitor Centre – best tourism destination – winner in the West Rand Tourism Awards, September 2009
- Maropeng Ramalepa, Maropeng Tourist Guide, won the Site Guides trophy for excellence, Reuben Tsime, Maropeng Tourist Guide received a certificate for outstanding work, Portia Mogamisi Maropeng Tourist Guide, and Zodwa Mtshali, Maropeng Tourist Guide, both received finalist certificates in the tour guide category in the West Rand Tourism Awards
- Winner of the 2008 “Tourist Attraction” category in the South African Tourism Welcome Awards, May 2008
- British Guild of Travel Writers’ Award: “Best New Tourism Projects World-wide” awarded for the best new project that not only has tourist potential but is of benefit to the local community and the environment, 2005
- First prize for the “Best Business Unusual Product or Service” and took second place for the “Best Venue Marketing Campaign”, February 2007
- Outright winner at the Construction World’s premier annual “Best Projects Awards” for its unique architectural concept and the innovative design and construction techniques employed, November 2005
- Voted the Clever Kids’ Favourite Place in the Leisure Options Best of Johannesburg Readers’ Choice Awards 2006
- At the 2010 Gauteng Tourism Authority Tourist Guide Service Excellence Awards, Maropeng guide supervisor, Reuben Tsime, came out tops in the On Site category and walked away with R1000 and a certificate of recognition. In second place was Portia Mogamisi. Maropeng Ramalepa came joint third with Kelebogile Mangole and they took home R500 each and a certificate of recognition.
Maropeng Boutique Hotel
- West Rand Tourism Overall Winner Established Accommodation 2010
- CANSA certificate of appreciation
Maropeng Visitors’ Centre and the Sterkfontein Caves
- FNB Welcome Awards 2008
- Tourism Grading Certificate MESE 31/05/2011
- Lions Club Wilropark Certificate of Appreciation Wilro Cycle Race 2006
- Award for Excellence 2006 concrete block paving roads
- Clever Kids favorite Place 2006 Readers choice award
- Best Brochure Awards 2006
- Best Venue Marketing Thebe 2007
- Best Business Thebe Unusual product of service 2007
- West Rand Tourism MESE finalist 2009
- Commitment to Excellence 2009 Best Tourism Destination
- Commitment to Excellence Commended Adventure Category 2007
- AA Quality Assured Associate
- Fedhasa (Federated Hospitality Association of Southern Africa)
- Heritage Environmental Programme
- SAACI (South African Chamber of Commerce and Industry)
- SATSA (Southern Africa Tourism Services Association)
- touch Africa lightly