Faircity Mapungubwe Hotel Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Faircity Mapungubwe Hotel.
Named after the ancient Mapungubwe Kingdom, the four-star Faircity Mapungubwe Hotel in Marshalltown, Johannesburg, embodies the meaning of Mapungubwe with its unique natural stone walls and earthy decor. From the entrance, the centrally located Mapungubwe Hotel captures the ethical and cultural heritage in its decor and furnishings. The warm colours and rich textures, combined with natural elements, provide conference delegates, business travellers, and leisure travellers a pleasant environment to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
This elegant hotel features three different room types, including Studios, One Bedroom Standard Rooms, and One Bed Executive Rooms. The Studios are self-catering rooms with an open-plan kitchenette accommodating one to two guests. The One Bedroom Standard Rooms feature en-suite bathrooms with fully fitted kitchens and lounge areas.
The Secure Rooms are ideally designed for single female travellers or single travelling mothers with children while the hotel's Light Sleeper Rooms are ideally suited for guests who are easily disturbed at night and need a good night's rest in an extra quiet room.
Hotel room types:
- 79 Standard Studios
- 11 One Bedroom Executive rooms
- 8 One Bedroom Standard rooms
Hotel room views:
- Balcony: views of the business centre around the hotel
- Street facing: views of the surrounding buildings and street view
- Atrium Facing: views of the outdoor swimming pool.
With its central location in the heart of the Gauteng business district, this Johannesburg business hotel is conveniently located within minutes from major highways, international corporations, as well as municipal buildings and departments. The hotel accommodates many different types of functions, ranging from half day to full day conferences and meetings. With its distance from the OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg being approximately 30 minutes, this city hotel provides the perfect location for conferences to host one-day events for out-of-town attendees.
- Swimming pool
- In-house restaurant
- WiFi and WiFi hotspots in some regions of the hotel
- The business centre at the reception
- DSTV compact with ten channels
- DVD players in rooms
- Kitchenettes in all rooms
- 24-hour reception desk
- Security guards 24 hours on-site
- Secure hotel parking underground and off-street
- Airport shuttle transfers
- Smoking and non-smoking rooms
- Free shuttle from Gautrain terminal to the hotel
- Wake up calls
- Room service
- Laundry and dry-cleaning
Below detailed information about the Faircity Mapungubwe Hotel is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Air Conditioning
- Computer points
- DVD player
- Ensuite / Private bathroom
- Free Internet access (via ADSL)
- Fully Furnished Kitchen
- Satellite TV
The Twist Restaurant offers diners flavors of Asia, Europe and African fused to create unique and creative dishes from breakfast to dinners and wine pairing menus. Twist offers breakfasts, light lunch meals and dinner options as well as private function menus for business meetings and conferences. This dining venue can cater for any need and any desire from a quick breakfast on the go, light sit down lunches to a romantic dinner for two, offering anything from a traditional meal to a unique specialty.
The Mapungubwe Hotel in Johannesburg, Gauteng, offers a fully equipped gym for all those who need to tone up and stay in their fitness routine.
Johannesburg's Mapungubwe Hotel offers guests a place to refresh and take a dip in their outdoor swimming pool after a long flight, business meeting or work-out in the hotel gym.
This part of the Mapungubwe Hotel in Johannesburg, Gauteng, was once part of the old French Bank in the area and in keeping with the sophistication and history of the room, the Vault 1 offers the following features:
- 3 x Flat screen TV’s for optimum screen and viewing of presentations
- private reception room for delegates to meet and register prior to commencing with meetings or conferences or to step out and have a smoke break.
The Vault 1 Room offers the same warm African earthy tones from the reception area and can accommodate not only business conferences, but can host weddings, cocktail functions, birthday parties and year end functions.
The Vault 2 Conference and Function room at Johannesburg's Mapungubwe Hotel can accommodate more people than the Vault 1 room and reflects the same modern yet African décor and wall color. The Vault 2 venue provides a private reception room where delegates can step out and enjoy the refreshments which can be arranged according to specific needs and package options. This conference venue offers versatility where it can be transformed from a banqueting option to a venue for a milestone birthday venue or even for a wedding reception.
The Round Room conference venue at the Mapungubwe Hotel is located close to the hotel’s in house restaurant Twist. The main wall features a gold covering and the venue's name is derived from the curves and pillars which are located throughout the reception and foyer areas. Being in such close proximity to the restaurant, this venue makes the perfect balance for conference and cuisine options. A unique offering which the Round Room has in comparison to the Vault rooms is that it is fitted with sound proof door panels to ensure that the venue can accommodate secluded and concealed meetings in the utmost confidentiality.
Ashanti and Boardrooms
The Hotel offers smaller venues for business meetings and presentations. Seating options range from U-shape to cinema style depending on client's requirements.
- Boardroom Facilities
- Business Centre
- Conference venue
- Hotel Bar
- Secure Car Parkade
- Smoking Lounge
- Sound Room
- Swimming Pool
- Travel desk
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 11:00
- City and Country Tours booking office
- 24 - hour reception service
- 24 Hour room service
- Complimentary Wi-Fi connectivity in all rooms and public areas
- Concierge services
- Daily local and international newspapers
- Dry cleaning service
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Health & Fitness Centre
- Housekeeping service
- Laundry services
- Pre-arrival shopping
- Room service
- Secure parking
- Wake-up call
1 Bedroom Executive
- # Rooms:
These rooms are self catering and en-suite which feature a private bedroom and an open-plan kitchen.
1 Bedroom Standard types
- Street facing
- Atrium facing
- Secure rooms
- Light sleeper rooms
- # Rooms:
Executive Rooms features
- Balcony: these rooms face the city and feature a balcony which leads from the main bedroom
- Street facing: these rooms offer views of the city and the business centers
- Atrium facing: these rooms look into the hotel's inner atrium and sparkling pool.
- Secure rooms: situated on a separate floor with 24 hour security, these rooms are only available for single women travelers or mothers traveling alone with children
- Light sleeper rooms: these rooms have been ideally designed for travelers who are easily woken by sounds and noises. They have windows to block disturbances.
Faircity Mapungubwe Hotel Specials
There are currently no specials for the Faircity Mapungubwe Hotel.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
Directions from O.R.Tambo International Airport to the Mapungubwe Hotel in Marshalltown, Johannesburg:
1. Make your way to the R24 highway towards Johannesburg
2. Proceed taking the off ramp towards Durban
3. Take the off ramp marked M2 West for M2 City
4. Take the exit marked Rissik Street
5. Continue to proceed and take your next left turn on to Anderson Street after the second set of traffic lights
6.The hotel parking is on Anderson Street, however Hotel entrance is on Ferreira Street.
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.
- Fedhasa (Federated Hospitality Association of Southern Africa)
- SAACI (South African Chamber of Commerce and Industry)