Hacklewood Hill Country House Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Hacklewood Hill Country House.
The Hacklewood Hill Country House hotel in the neighbourhood of Walmer in Port Elizabeth. The property itself is located reasonably close to the Port Elizabeth Airport and is easily accessible from major thoroughfares. The Hotel is close to; golf courses, shopping destinations and beaches that are safe for swimming.
This boutique hotel offers classically furnished rooms. One of the rare surviving Victorian Mansions left in the area and tenderly restored to provide guests with an elegant retreat at which to be pampered in every way. It has pleasant all year-round climates that lend itself to various outdoor activities, from sports to visiting the beach and getting out into the countryside.
Hacklewood Accommodation is styled on the Colonial and Victorian-era, with many antique furnishings and artworks adorning the rooms. The rooms offer excellent levels of privacy, space and comfort – which assure guests a relaxing and carefree stay. Each room includes a private balcony overlooking a carefully maintained English garden bustling with bird life.
- Air conditioning
- En-suite bathrooms, Heated towel rails
- Tea and coffee station
- Minibar, Safe, Hairdryer
- Satellite television
- Bathrobes and slippers, Percale linen.
The Hacklewood outdoor swimming pool is in the estate's colourful garden. The best of excellent dining cuisine can be enjoyed at the hotel's well-known restaurant. The in-house guests have access to the tennis court. Also, business travellers have the benefit of a business centre and meeting venue.
- Restaurant and bar
- Outdoor swimming pool, Sundecks
- Tennis court
- Smoking lounge, Wine cellar
- Business centre
Below detailed information about the Hacklewood Hill Country House is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Air Conditioning
- Ensuite / Private bathroom
- Heater in Room
- In-room safe
- Mini bar
- Satellite TV
- Tea and coffee making facilities
Enjoy Gordon Bleu cuisine in the award-winning restaurant paired with an excellent bottle of wine from the authentic wine cellar. Within the walls of the Hackelwood Hotel lies a true culinary gem waiting to be discovered. The restaurant invites discerning diners to experience exquisite Cordon Bleu cuisine in true turn of the century tradition.
The Hotel features a salt water swimming pool which invites for an invigorating swim.
Guests staying at the Hotel are welcome to unwind with a game of tennis on the tennis court. Tennis rackets and tennis balls are available.
Nearby activities & attractions
- Experience the 'Big Five' at one of the Eastern Cape’s many malaria-free game reserves such as the Pumba Private Game Reserve and the Addo Elephant Park
- Visit one of Port-Elizabeth’s superb beaches for some fun in the sun
- Adventurous water sports
- The Boardwalk Casino and Entertainment centre has something to offer for both young and old; enjoy a meal at one of the various restaurants, try your luck in the casino, challenge someone to a game of put-put or bowling or do some shopping
The Hackelwood Hotel is an elegant venue for conferences and corporate meetings. A conference package is available which can be tailor-made to meet the customer's individual conference requirements.
Included in the Executive Conference Package is:
- Venue hire of the venue appropriate to confirmed numbers attending
- Set up cost
- Still and sparkling mineral water on the conference table
- Sweets on the conference table
- Stationary on the conference table
- 1 x Flipchart and 3 markers
- 1 x Portable O.H.P
- VCR and JVC DVD/CD Player
- 1 x Screen (size 2.13m x 2.13m)
- 1 x Surround Sound Amp
- Hackelwood Hill Multi-Media System
- Telephone extension x 1 (exclusive of all calls)
- Replenishment of water and sweets at lunchtime
- Boardroom style seating
- Conference venue
- Games Room
- Hotel Bar
- Nearby Casino
- Sun deck
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis court
- Wine cellar
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:00
- Airport transfers
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning service
- Housekeeping service
- Laundry services
- Room service
- # Rooms:
- Large Victorian bathrooms
- Private verandas overlooking the gardens
- En-suite bathrooms
Hacklewood Hill Country House Specials
There are currently no specials for the Hacklewood Hill Country House.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
Port Elizabeth Airport
Port Elizabeth 6011
1. Head northeast 250 m
2. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Allister Miller Dr 160 m
3. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto 3 DELAAN 800 m
4. Turn left onto Heugh Rd/M9 2.5 km
5. Turn right onto 10th Ave Go through 1 roundabout 400 m
6. Turn left onto Prospect Rd Destination will be on the left
Hacklewood Hill Country House
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.