Located near the Thorntree Lodge, approximately 10 km from Livingstone, the Zambezi Elephant Trails has established Zambia’s first Elephant Camp offering a once in a lifetime insight into these gentle giants. Together with this ecologically friendly method of game viewing, a strong emphasis is placed on an Elephant experience rather than just an Elephant ride and guests are encouraged to interact with these majestic and intelligent African mammals.
The training techniques used by Zambezi Elephant Trails are based on the positive reinforcement method as opposed to the controversial discipline and submission technique commonly associated with Asian Elephants. The six African Elephants, Madinda, Bop, Marula, Liwa, Danny, and Mashumbi each offer two guests a unique viewpoint of the mighty Zambezi River and surrounding the bush area of Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park. Two new elephants were born here: Chavaruka was born to Mashumbi on November 7th, 2004 and Nandi, born to Liwa and Bop on the 13th April 2007.
Information: Elephant Back Safaris Victoria Falls
- Upon arrival to the bush site, the Head Guide will give a short introductory talk including safety aspects.
- The guests will then be introduced to the Elephants and their guides.
- On mounting the Elephants, the Safari begins.
- The trails lead through riverine bush and the banks of the Zambezi River, the ride lasts for 1 hour.
- On completing the ride, guests will dismount and interact with the Elephants on the ground.
- Each Elephant is under the charge of a guide, who is fully experienced with our elephants.
- The Professional Head Guide carries a firearm, first aid kit and handheld radio.
- Elephant back safaris begin at the Victoria Falls Day Activity Centre.
- At the end of each safari, the guest's will have an opportunity to view a video of their elephant ride.
- Please Note - No children under 12 years old.
- Pick-up - 06h30
- Drop off - 11h00
Rates include a full English breakfast, drinks, tea, coffee and transfers.
- Pick-up - 14h30
- Drop off - 19h00
Rates include snacks, drinks, tea, coffee and transfers.
Below detailed information about the Elephant Back Safaris Victoria Falls is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 0:00
- Check out: 0:00
Elephant Back Safaris Victoria Falls Specials
There are currently no specials for the Elephant Back Safaris Victoria Falls.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
There are currently no reviews for the Elephant Back Safaris Victoria Falls.
Be the first to write a review!