City Lodge Port Elizabeth
- Hotel Type:
- City, Business, Family, Conference
- Address: Cnr Beach & Lodge Roads
The City Lodge Port Elizabeth is a budget, three star beachfront hotel which is easily accessible from the Port Elizabeth Airport and other major destinations, as well as being close to a number of popular attractions such as the oceanarium, casino and shops. Guests are accommodated in comfortable hotel rooms with convenient amenities, may dine onsite or at nearby restaurants and will be well looked after by the friendly and accommodating staff.
From the modern dining room as well as the formal boardroom, beautiful ocean views can be admired. The outdoor swimming pool lies in the hotel's garden. Surrounded by comfortable loungers, it serves as a suitable place to relax and enjoy the afternoon sunshine. Meals and refreshing beverages are served on the outdoor terrace where garden tables welcome guests.
Accommodation at the hotel, is provided in 147 rooms, each of which is well-appointed with a range of suitable amenities to ensure a most pleasant stay. Rooms providing wheelchair access are available and may be requested when a booking is made.
Hotel room features:
- air conditioning
- double or twin beds
- en-suite bathroom
- coffee and tea station
- satellite TV
- work desk
The hotel provides corporate travelers with WiFi, a boardroom for business meetings as well as a business centre. The daily exercise routine can be kept up in the hotel's fully equipped gym while the outdoor swimming pool offers a great refreshment in the warm afternoon sun. Complimentary on site parking is available to in house guests and visitors.
- outdoor swimming pool
- free, on site parking
- business centre
- conference room.
Besides daily housekeeping, the Port Elizabeth City Lodge Hotel provides laundry as well as dry cleaning services to guests. In room dining is available for visitors who prefer to dine in the comfort of their room. Upon prior arrangement, airport transfers as well as transportation to other destinations can be booked.
- snack and beverage vending machines
- laundry service
- dry cleaning
- airport transfers
- room service
Conferences at the City Lodge Hotel in Port Elizabeth can be accommodated in a 12-seater boardroom which is equipped with a data-projector, screen and has conference call facilities.
The Boardwalk Casino and Entertainment World is one of Port Elizabeth's most famous and popular attractions. Set right opposite the beach, a great variety of shops offer visitors anything from designer clothing to curios. The shopping area is built around The Boardwalk lakes which makes for a great place to enjoy a break and relaxation. Many fun activities are also provided for children at The Boardwalk. At night, The Boardwalk's multimedia musical fountain spectacular is a must see attraction whereby over 25 000 Tivoli Lights create a magical atmosphere.
- Boardwalk Casino & Entertainment World
- Bayworld Oceanarium and Museum
- Donkin Heritage Trail
- South African Marine Rehabilitation and Education Centre
- Seaview Lion Park.
Established in 1890, the Port Elizabeth Golf Club is one of the oldest golf courses in South Africa. This 6121 meter layout course features bent grass greens, 25 strategically placed bunkers as well as 2 nines of par 36 for a total par of 72. The 8th and 17th holes are the courses two signature holes with distinctive water features.
Nearby golf courses:
- Port Elizabeth Golf Course
- St Francis Links Golf Course
- Shark River Golf Course
- Walmer Golf Course
- Humewood Golf Course.
Port Elizabeth features several museums which are of interest such as the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Art Museum which was opened on 22 June 1956 as the King George VI Art Gallery. Situated in St George's Park this art museum consists of two buildings. Collections of South African art, including that of the Eastern Cape, as well as British art can be found here.
- South African Air Force Museum
- South End Museum
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Art Museum
- Red Location Museum
- No 7 Castle Hill Museum.
Within a two hours drive from the city of Port Elizabeth itself, one can find scenic game and nature reserves some of which are home to the "Big Five", namely lions, buffaloes, leopards, elephants and rhinos. For guests who enjoy wildlife it is recommended to take a day trip and enjoy an adventurous safari at one of these game reserves. The famous Addo Elephant National Park is situated close to Port Elizabeth and is one of the country's 19 national parks. Travelers can drive with their own cars through the reserve which is third in size after the Kruger National Park and the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park.
Nearby game and nature reserves:
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Shamwari Game Reserve
- Kragga Kamma Game Park
- Kwantu Private Game Reserve
- Cape Recife Nature Reserve
- Van Stadens Nature Reserve.
The City Lodge Port Elizabeth features a total of 147 hotel rooms.
Hotel room facilities and amenities:
- Spacious air-conditioned room with double bed or twin beds
- Television with M-Net and selected DStv channels
- Bathroom with bath and separate shower
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Rooms with sleeper-sofa available at selected hotels on request
- Electronic safe large enough to accommodate a laptop
- Desk with lighting and plugs for easy connectivity
- One in fifty rooms is designed to meet the special needs of the physically disabled
Single Room: R1040.00
Double Room: R1240.00
Activities / Sports and Leisure
Conferences and Events
Guests staying at the City Lodge Port Elizabeth have access to the small meeting room.Send an Enquiry
City Lodge Port Elizabeth Specials & Packages
Driving directions to the City Lodge Port Elizabeth Via La Roche Rd from the Port Elizabeth Airport
1. Head northeast 250 m
2. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Allister Miller Dr 1.4 km
3. Continue straight to stay on Allister Miller Dr 110 m
4. Turn right at La Roche Rd 2.1 km
5. Turn right at Beach Rd 750 m
6. Continue onto Marine Dr 290 m
7. Turn right toward Marine Dr 35 m
8. Turn left toward Marine Dr 67 m
9. Make a U-turn 67 m
10. Take the 1st right toward Marine Dr 26 m
11. Take the 1st left onto Marine Dr 290 m
12. Continue straight onto Beach Rd 39 m
City Lodge Port Elizabeth
Cnr Beach & Lodge Roads, Summerstrand, Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa