The Benjamin Hotel Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about The Benjamin Hotel.
The Benjamin Hotel is on a beautiful tree-lined street in the tranquil suburb of Berea, in Morningside, Durban. The hotel itself is one of the original houses that were first built in the area, having been restored to the elegant setting that it is today.
The hotel is ideal for leisure or corporate guests as it is in the famous Florida Road, which is filled with restaurants and closely located to some businesses and attractions. The hotel offers its guests easy access to all the major transfer routes, which makes travelling to the city and beaches from this property a breeze. The staff at the hotel offer guests warm and friendly service, where no request is too big or too small.
This hotel in Morningside boasts 43 air-conditioned, en-suite rooms. The rooms offer guests wireless Internet, television, a working desk, and selected satellite channels. The rooms have been restored while still offering guests a feeling of being in the yesterdays. Natural and warm colours have been used to bring these places to life and make guests feel warm and comfortable during their stay. The rooms consist of double beds.
The hotel has a small breakfast room available at the property, where guests can enjoy an excellent and hearty breakfast to start their day. The hotel is within walking distance of some restaurants where guests can enjoy lunch and dinners.
Attractions and activities
- Royal Durban Golf Club
- Moses Mabhida Stadium
- Sun Coast Casino
- Kings Park Stadium
- Greyville Race Course
- Durban Botanical Gardens
- Durban Station
- Kingsmead Cricket Stadium
Below detailed information about the The Benjamin Hotel is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Air Conditioning
- Bar Fridges in Room
- Ensuite / Private bathroom
- Heater in Room
- Internet Access
- Modem Access
- Satellite TV
- Tea and coffee making facilities
The Benjamin Hotel offers an small and intimate breakfast room where guests can enjoy a delicious breakfast to start their day. For lunch and dinner guests can visit any of the nearby restaurants that are in walking distance.
A sheltered swimming pool is available for exclusive use of in house guests.
- Albert Falls Dam Nature Reserve, near Pietermaritzburg
- Butterflies for Africa, Pietermaritzburg
- Durban Botanic Gardens
- Gateway Theatre of Shopping, Umhlanga
- International Convention Centre Durban
- Maritzburg Golf Course, Pietermaritzburg
- Natal Museum, Pietermaritzburg
- PheZulu Crocodile Park
- PheZulu Game Park
- PheZulu Snake Park
- uShaka Marine World
- Victoria Country Club, Pietermaritzburg
One conference venue is available at the Benjamin Hotel in Durban, which is ideal for training workshops and private presentations. A 10 seater executive boardroom can also be booked. Limited secure parking can be found at the hotel.
- U-shape - 16 guests
- Classroom - 24 guests
- Cinema - 32 guests
- Boardroom - 18 guests
- Boardroom Facilities
- Conference venue
- Day-use facilities for early arrivals and late departures
- Nearby Casino
- Nearby golf course
- Nearby Gym
- Swimming Pool
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:00
- Airport transfers
- Concierge services
- Housekeeping service
- Laundry services
- Secure parking
- Tours & Transfers on Request
- Wake-up call
- # Rooms:
Forty three Standard Double Rooms are available at the Benjamin Hotel in Morningside, Durban. These spacious and comfortable furnished hotel rooms offer guests a great place to relax during their stay.
- En-suite bathrooms
- Satellite TV
- Wireless internet
- Desk with power points
- Limited secure parking
- Bathroom guest amenities.
The Benjamin Hotel Specials
There are currently no specials for the The Benjamin Hotel.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
Directions to the hotel from Durban Airport
1. Take N2 South towards Durban
2. Go through toll road
3. Travel approximately 8kms, Take M27 Umhloti/ Verulam off ramp
4. Keep left onto the M27 heading towards Umhloti
5. Take first right off ramp onto the M4 towards Umhlanga
6. Travel approximately 24kms
7. Pass the Moses Mabhida Stadium on right hand side
8. Continue until you reach the first set of traffic lights
9. Turn right into Sandile Thusi Road (M17)
10. Travel approximately 1.2km
11. Turn right into Florida Road
12. Travel approximately 200m
13. We are on the left, on the corner of 8th Avenue and Florida Road
14. Number 141 Florida Road
Limited secure parking is available at the Benjamin Hotel in Durban, South Africa.