Antarctica Photo Safari 2020 (20 Days) Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Antarctica Photo Safari 2020 (20 Days).
Embark on this twenty day once in a lifetime journey to amazing Antarctica and witness the white desert's spectacular wildlife and unbelievable vistas. Accompanied by photo guides and accommodated onboard the Pangolin Explorer, travellers enjoy ultimate photographic opportunities during this breathtaking trip to the South Pole.
- Destinations: Falklands Islands, South Georgia and Antarctica
- Dates: 26 Oct -14 Nov 2020 19 Nights/20 Days
- Starting location: Punta Arenas, Chile
- Final location: Ushuaia, Argentina
This ultimate photographic safari takes adventure seekers to most spectacular places during a very special itinerary accompanied by enthusiastic photographic hosts.
The fascinating continent of Antarctica is on the top of every wildlife photographers bucket list along with spectacles like the Great Wildebeest Migration in East Africa. The opportunity to visit this spectacular destination with a group of fellow photographers, which is led by some of the best photo guides, is surely not to be missed.
- From: US$ 17,995.00 for 20 Days
- Duration : 20 Days
- Highlights : Penguins, Seals, Icebergs, Seabirds, Whaling stations, Epic Vistas
- Location : Antarctica
- Types of Photography : Antarctic Wildlife, Birds and Landscapes
- Group size : 90 clients and 10 photo guides.
Dates of the Antarctica 2020 Journey
- 26 October – 14 November 2020 20 days).
- Fantastic glaciated scenery of the Antarctic Peninsula and South Georgia
- Outstanding wildlife observation on land, zodiacs, and from the ship
- Learn about the environment, wildlife, history and ecology from polar experts
- Visits to historic sites and science stations.
Available on the Trip
- Pangolin Photo Guides
- Zodiac excursions
- Onshore hiking options
- Wildlife observation
- Sea kayaking available
- Whale watching
- Educational Presentations
- Active Cruising & Wellness.
This thrilling adventure journey starts in Punta Arenas, Chile. Travellers need to arrive in Punta Arenas at least one day prior to the scheduled departure date to provide them with the extra time needed of any unexpected travel delays between home and voyage embarkation and departure.
The overnight accommodation in Punta Arenas is included in this voyage. From Punta Arenas, travellers fly to Stanley (Falkland Islands) where the group boards the expedition ship and commences the journey the following day (26 Oct). (This flight is NOT included in the price of the voyage, as we advise you book it as part of your international flight).
This trip is complete upon arrival back into Ushuaia (Argentina). A transfer from the ship to the airport (or local hotels) is provided upon disembarkation. We advise booking flights out of Ushuaia from midmorning onwards. Or consider spending a night in Ushuaia at the conclusion of the voyage. Full joining instructions will be provided in your final travel documentation.
Guts, the guide, has traveled on this particular ship several times before. Not more than ninety travelers participate with up to ten wildlife photography experts. All guests may disembark at the same time in ten Zodiacs/Rubber Ducks exploring the landing areas along the route. The continent of the Antarctica has restrictions in place in regards to the total number of people allowed to land at any one place at any one time.
The crew of this specific explorer boat consists of very hard working and professional. The crew is willing to adapt the itinerary on short notice to make the most of favorable weather patterns and potential sightings. This boat is a Russian Ice Breaker with an impeccable safety record and exceptional maneuverability. Its unique draft and turning circle allows it to reach destinations not normally accessible to the larger ships.
Season of travel
The reason for traveling already in October to the Antarctic is that with the sun skirting in a low trajectory across the horizon for most of the day the travelers are in a perfect state of low-angle light as one would have in the early mornings and late afternoons. Furthermore, the snow is whiter in October and November making for more pleasant backgrounds to the images.
Inclusions Antarctica Photo Safari 2020
- Twenty days on board the Pangolin Explorer
- All meals and accommodation
- Daily excursions to hand-picked photo destinations
- Photographic support and advice from the accompanying guides
- Daily post-production sessions and evening lectures
- Cold weather gear supplied
- 24hr Tea, coffee and hot chocolate station!
- On board emergency medical support.
Exclusions Antarctica Photo Safari 2020
- International and regional flights
- Gratuities and items of a personal nature.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Visa fees.
Below detailed information about the Antarctica Photo Safari 2020 (20 Days) is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 0:00
- Check out: 0:00
During this amazing journey to the South Pole, travellers are accommodated on this amazing Russian Ice Breaker which offers comfortable accommodation.
- Twin Semi Private
- Twin Private
- Shackleton Suite
- One Ocean Suite.
Antarctica Photo Safari 2020 (20 Days) Specials
There are currently no specials for the Antarctica Photo Safari 2020 (20 Days).
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.