FRIDAY FOOD FEATURE: Lalibela Game Reserve’s speciality
FRIDAY FOOD FEATURE:
The magnificent Lalibela Game Reserve can be found in South Africa’s Eastern Cape. Lalibela is home to Africa’s big five along with a variety of other game. This family-friendly game lodge offers rustic buffet style meals with an African twist. One of the dishes that is most popular with guests is Lalibela’s Roasted Butternut and Banana Salad. Learn how to make this easy dish below!
Lalibela’s Roasted Butternut & Banana Salad
– 2 medium butternuts
– fresh rosemary
– olive oil
– 1 ripe banana
– 100 ml mayonnaise
– 50 ml sour cream / plain yoghurt
– 1 TBSP granadilla pulp
– honey to taste
– pinch of cinnamon
– 50g chopped mixed nuts
– Scrub the butternut skin clean
– Cut each butternut in half
– Remove pips and slice into medium sized wedges (skin on)
– Drizzle with olive oil and fresh sprigs of Rosemary.
– Roast until soft but still firm (not soggy)
– Allow to cool down completely. Remove the rosemary
– Cut into chunky pieces
Blend all the dressing ingredients in a liquidizer to form a dressing with a smooth consistency.
Layer the butternut and the dressing in a wooden bowl. Do not stir, to prevent it from becoming soggy.
Garnish with the nuts and a pinch of cinnamon.
Enjoy Lalibela’s Roasted Butternut & Banana Salad!