Scenic Helicopter Trips Cape Town Overview
Enjoy the beautiful city and its surrounding areas including Point, Table Mountain, the West Coast and Winelands from the comfort of a helicopter.
20-minute Scenic Helicopter flight TWO BAY: Atlantic Seaboard • Clifton • Twelve Apostles • Llandudno • Sandy Bay • Hout Bay and magnificent sights of the mountain ranges • Groot Constantia • Table Mountain • City Bowl and the V&A Waterfront.
30-minute Scenic Helicopter flight TWO OCEANS: Atlantic Seaboard • Clifton • Twelve Apostles • Llandudno • Hout Bay • Chapmans Peak • Noordhoek Beach • Sun Valley • Fish Hoek • Muizenberg • Groot Constantia • Table Mountain • City Bowl and the V&A Waterfront.
60-minute Scenic Helicopter flight CAPE POINT: Tracing the Atlantic coastline through to Clifton • Twelve Apostles • Llandudno • Hout Bay • Chapmans Peak • Noordhoek Beach • Scarborough • The Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve • Cape Point • Simons Town • Fish Hoek • Muizenberg • Groot Constantia • Table Mountain • City Bowl and the V&A Waterfront.
Flight Options & Rates:
Two Bay Flight: about 20 minutes: Waterfront – Clifton – Camps Bay – Hout Bay – Table Mountain – City Bowl – Waterfront
- R 4 400 (sharing) for 1 - 2 passengers
- R 5 600 for 3 - 4 passengers
- R 8 400 for 5 - 6 passengers
Two Oceans Flight: about 30 minutes: Waterfront – Clifton – Camps Bay – Hout Bay – Noordhoek – Fish Hoek – Muizenberg – Constantia – Table Mountain – City Bowl – Waterfront
- R 6 400 (sharing) for 1 - 2 passengers
- R 8 000 for 3 - 4 passengers
- R 12 000 for 5 - 6 passengers
Cape Point Flight: about 60 minutes: Waterfront – Clifton – Camps Bay – Hout Bay – Noordhoek – Kommetjie – Scarborough – Cape Point – Simonstown – Fish Hoek – Muizenberg – Constantia – Table Mountain – City Bowl – Waterfront
- R 12 800 (sharing) for 1 - 2 passengers
- R 16 000 for 3 - 4 passengers
- R 24 000 for 5 - 6 passengers
- The above prices are all VAT inclusive.
- All flight times quoted are maximum flight times and may vary by as much as 20%.
- Where a 1 or 2 person (sharing) rate is quoted passengers may have to share the helicopter with other clients.
Frequently asked questions:
- May I make a video of our actual tour: Our flights aren't captured on Video. Therefore we allow the passengers to bring their camera's on the flight.
- What should we wear: Dress comfortable, the temperature in a helicopter is same as outside. If you plan to take photographs, we recommend wearing darker colours to reduce any window reflections. Hats are not allowed to be worn around the helicopters as they can fly up into the rotors and damage the aircraft. We will be happy to hold any hats for you until you return from your tour. Huey: Bring a warm Jersey. Camera. Sunglasses. No flip-flops or sandals, No caps/hats or scarves. Jetranger & Longranger: Camera. Sunglasses. No caps, hats or scarves.
- Do you recommend taking anti-motion sickness medication: If you are particularly prone to motion sickness, taking a precautionary anti-motion sickness medication is a good idea. However, our flights are very smooth, and turns are slow and gentle. Some of our tours are professional scenic tours, and some are designed to thrill ride. Most people do not experience motion sickness and do not need an anti-motion sickness medication.
- When is the best time to fly: We suggest that you book your helicopter flight before arrival in Cape Town, South Africa. This assures you of a tour time that fits into your vacation plans. It’s also wise to book your tour for the early part of your stay. That way if your pilot determines that weather conditions on a particular day are not optimal for a tour, you will have some options for re-scheduling. As far as the best time of day for a helicopter tour, you should primarily consider your schedule. Most of the time we are blessed with beautiful weather in Cape Town and the time of day, whether it be morning or afternoon, will make no difference. If we happen to have a rainy weather pattern the pilot will consult weather reports and other pilots who have been flying to determine if we can operate an excellent tour. The Huey Helicopter Co & Sports Helicopters does not want to take our guests on a flight unless we are reasonably confident we can give you an excellent experience.
- How much experience do your pilots have: All pilots are highly experienced & fully certified. Our pilots and engineers are a group of dedicated aviators whose vast expertise largely contributes to the maintenance of our impeccable safety record.
- Yes. We are a charter company, We offer specialised tours to Game Farms, Wine estates etc. and provide flights to and from the airport
- What are your hours of operation: We open for business at 8:00 am each day and close at 5:00 pm, South African Time. Everyday with exception to Christmas day.
- Is there a weight restriction: If a passenger weighs more than 250lbs (114kgs), you will be charged for a seat and a half. There are weight restrictions, and therefore if you have any queries, it is best to inquire while making your booking.
- Will we be the only ones in the helicopter? How is seating arranged: The Huey is a shared flight with other guests (unless chartered privately) Seating is done by weight and balance. However, all seats are great as there are no doors. With Jetranger, Longranger flight, flights are private, however we do reserve the right to share the flight.
- Are we guaranteed to see all of the sights mentioned in your tour descriptions: The points of interest mentioned in our tour descriptions are highlights of the tour, which we always do our best to show you depending on wind and weather. Each trip is unique in that we'll show you the best currently available scenery while also trying to accommodate all of your special requests within the allotted time.
- What type of Helicopters do we fly: Sports Helicopters operates Bell Jetrangers (4 passengers), a Bell Longranger (6 passengers) and a Bell Huey (9 passengers).
- Is there an age limit: All minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Jetrangers Longranger: All ages.
- Can I fly if I am pregnant: Yes.
- Are we alone in the helicopter: Seats are sold on an individual basis. Jetranger / Longranger: This will be a private flight.
- What happens if the weather is terrible: Clients will be advised regarding weather. Should the flight not be able to take place at the scheduled time we would try to reschedule the trip or do a refund.
- What times and days do we fly: Sports Helicopters operates seven days a week from 08h00 till 17h00. All flights are on a booking basis. Booking is essential.
- Where is the departure location: We have situated in the V & A Waterfront. The helipad is a few hundred meters behind The Table Bay Hotel.