Hot Air Balloon Safari Pilanesberg Overview
Enjoy the thrill of a gentle Hot Air Balloon Safari over the magnificent Pilanesberg National Park and admire South Africa's beautiful scenery and untamed wildlife from above.
The Hot Air Balloon Safaris are offered every morning, depending on the weather and number of passengers. Guests are collected at their hotel and taken through the park to rendezvous with the balloon crew.
The flight is approximately an hour's duration and on landing sparkling wine is served.
A leisurely game drive is then taken through the park to a game lodge where breakfast is served, after which guests are returned to their hotel.
Flights are early in the morning, and you need to allow some 5 hours for the full activity which includes the following:
- Early morning collection from your hotel by safari vehicle.
- The launch of the balloon from the centre of the park.
- An hour of drifting serenely over the park.
- A sparkling wine celebration on landing, a time-honoured tradition in ballooning.
- A Full English breakfast at a Private Game Lodge.
- A First Flight certificate signed by your Pilot.
- Return transfer to your hotel.
Duration: 1hr flight, +/- 5 hrs in total
PLEASE NOTE: Booking is essential, and a minimum number of 8 guests are required to conduct a trip.
- Please note that Balloon Safari takes place every morning depending on the weather and number of passengers.
- A minimum of 4 pax is required to conduct a flight.
- For safety reasons, children less than 1.2m tall are not permitted to fly.
- Guests are to be reasonably fit, as they are required to climb into a 1.2-meter high balloon basket and be able to crouch down on their haunches on landing.